What’s it all about?
Account executives work within advertising agencies and manage the agency’s client accounts. They are the key client contact and must work to understand the client’s needs and their products/services. The role is fast paced and encompasses a variety of different responsibilities/tasks. These include –
- Consulting clients about campaign requirements
- Writing reports
- Collaborating with clients on campaign requirements
- Working collaboratively with other agency teams realise the campaign vision
- Pitching campaigns to clients
- Planning and risk management
- Delivering products for review
So how do you get there?
Whilst you do not need a specific degree for this role , degrees in business and marketing will be seen as highly desirable by potential employers. Employers will also appreciate candidates that show experience/knowledge in the following skills-
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Great teamworking skills
- Excellent Organisational Skills
Entry level salaries can start from £18,000 to £24,000 and this can go to up to £40,000 with experience
Advertising accounts executives usually work for advertising agencies or within the advertising departments of large corporations
They are typically employed in the media, with advertising agencies, or in the advertising departments of large companies.
Show me the money..
Entry level salaries can start from £18,000 to £24,000 and this can go to up to £40,000 with experience. Some account executives are paid a commission as part of their salary.